Zak Pines is a Moneyball Marketer, which he defines as a data-driven marketing leader closely aligned with sales on driving revenue growth. Zak is the VP, Marketing for Bedrock Data, and has worked in MarTech and marketing automation for nearly two decades.
His MarTech career highlights include developing Omnicom Group’s first marketing automation practice at LiveTechnology in the 2000s, and then later becoming one of the first Marketo services partners in 2010. Zak also developed the first NBA analytics & data mining products for IBM, and ran global demand generation at Ipswitch.
Exciting that my role as VP, Marketing at Bedrock Data gives me opportunity to regularly create content around my passion, MarTech. Here's some examples of recent content:
- Infographic: When Integrating Your Cloud Systems, Words Matter - demonstrated what Bedrock Data does in an educational way, and I was thrilled that ChiefMarTec himself Scott Brinker loved it
- Marketo Power User Series - a fun project that got me talking to great people around the Marketo partner and user community, and have gotten wonderful feedback
- HubSpot Power User Series - rolled this out as part of our pre INBOUND 2016 campaign focussed on HubSpot
- State of Inbound Report Says Top CRM Challenge is Integration (newsjacking from the great people at HubSpot)
- Pardot Just Killed Your CRM Integration, Now What? (newsjacking from the great people at Salesforce Pardot
- 12 Keys for a High Performing Marketing Automation & CRM Integration - in depth piece that gets to the heart of how Bedrock Data helps customers
- Why Bedrock Data is Giving Away a One-of-a-Kind HubSpot Lego at INBOUND 2016 - explaining our unique gift idea (which was a big hit at the show)
- Using a Data Integration Platform vs. Coding Your Own - positioning vs. objective during sales process
- The Marketer's Mega Guide to HubSpot Integrations & The Marketer's Mega Guide to Marketo Integrations - New expert guide format for Demand Gen content - reinforcing expertise as differentiator in sales & marketing process
- How do I do closed loop reporting in HubSpot, really? and Making HubSpot marketing data available in your CRM - good, "how to" content
- A Rosetta Stone of marketing technology terminology - ChiefMarTec.com
- Marketing's 5 Biggest Data Challenges (& How You Can Fix Them) - Impact Blog
- How to Integrate Your Cloud Systems By Understanding the Unique Terminology of Each Tool - B2B Growth Show Podcast
- 3 Lessons Learned from 20+ Marketo Experts - B2B Growth Show Podcast
- Bedrock Data Highlights Oceanos within their Cloud Systems Infographic - Oceanos blog
- Best Practices from Marketo Power Users - Perkuto Blog
- 20 Ideas from Power Users to Power Up Your B2B Marketing Automation - guest post on Marketo blog
- Why Leaders Attend HubSpot's INBOUND 2016 (quote) - LeadGnome Blog
- Developing the Next Wave of Marketing Leadership - MassTLC Event
- Flipping Funnels Weekly: Account Based Marketing Roundup - featured by Sangram Vajre, the Flipper of Funnels himself
- An Overview of the HubSpot-NetSuite CRM Integration - Revenue River blog
- Why It's Essential to Integrate Your Marketing Systems, and How to Overcome Common Integration Challenges - Marketing Cupcakes Podcast
- A Review of Bedrock Data with Zak Pines - One Last Tool Podcast
- What do Sales & Marketing Leaders Love About Account Based Leads? - LeadGnome Blog
- MarTech 2017 Conference Agenda - Co-Presenting with Luque Wang of GE Digital on "Aligning Your Marketing Operations with Sales"
- ... and here's the video of my presentation with Luque Wang at MarTech San Francisco: "Aligning Marketing Operations & MarTech with Sales"
- Customer Interviews: a 3-Step Process to Fuel Your Content - B2B Growth Show Podcast
- What Does the Future Hold for Agencies? 3 Leaders Weigh In - HubSpot Blog
- Digital Agency Day - Speaking Session "How Agencies are Disrupting Systems Integrators"
- Secrets of a Successful Sales and Marketing Partnership - OpenView - I really like this one!
- Interview with MarTech Advisor - MarTechAdvisor.com
- An Interview with Zak Pines, VP of Marketing, Bedrock Data - Outseta Blog with Geoff Roberts
I also regularly published content to Aberdeen's CMO Essentials:
- How Inbound Thinking Influences Content Marketing (quoted)
- Six Essentials to Setting up a Closed Loop Marketing System
- Why You're Not Ready for Lead Scoring
- Five Elements of a Winning Teleprospecting Program
- What You Need to Know About Predictive Lead Scoring
- Featured in the CMO Essentials 200th Thank You Post
I have also been drawn into LinkedIn publisher as a great way to create engagement with like-interested marketers, these are my posts there.
- Why Google Will Buy Marketo - this one connected! 1,458 views, 39 likes & 28 comments
- IDC Says Webinars are Dead, I Say They're Dead Wrong
- Why Predictive Lead Scoring Has Arrived and What You Need to Know
For all of the above, please comment and share!
These are additional articles with mentions:
- The Integrate blog ran the syndicated post 5 Actions to Drive Sales-Marketing Alignment & Business Performance
- How Inbound Thinking Influences Content Marketing via CMO Essentials (quoted)
- How Do You Bridge the Marketing-Sales Gap? Advocates! via TechTarget's Mktr2Mktr Blog - Courtney Kay describes the teleprospecting/advocacy program I founded at Ipswitch
- MoneyballMarketer blog featured in RevEngine's Top Marketing Technology Blogs
- Oceanos Client Snapshot: Ipswitch
- SnapApp of the Week: Ipswitch Secure File Transfer Readiness Assessment
I previously blogged at Avitage.com and these were some of my historical favorites from the 2010-11 timeframe:
- 7 Ways to Take Your Webinars to the Next Level - tips and tricks to get more out of webinars (they all still apply and I'll be updating with more)
- Rethinking "Why You Do Webinars" (webinars as a content marketing vehicle)
- How I Created Content Like a Publisher When Speaking at Bentley University (an example)
- Applying Digital Body Language to Webinars (combined two of my favorites - marketing automation and webinars)
- A 2-parter on The Top 7 Signs That You'd Better Fix Your Marketing Automation Setup - And What To Do About It - Part 1 and Part 2 (sadly still seeing a lot of these today!)
It's too bad the Internet of the 20th Century isn't as well indexed as this, the Big Data era, as much of my writing from that time period can't be found online. It includes:
- 3 Years at Yale Daily News (Sports Editor, Football & Basketball Writer, Columnist "Pines Between the Lines")
- Writing for NBA.com ("Beyond the Box Score"), CBS Sportsline, ABC Sports & AOL